A new term for me today, “slurls” — slurred URLs. The sometimes unfortunate results of putting company names into URLs without spaces. Read the following URLs. I mean read them.
- www.whorepresents.com – Who Represents, celebrity agent database
- www.lesbocages.com – Les Bocages, tree nursery
- www.expertsexchange.com -?? Experts Exchange, where programmers can trade advice
- www.ladrape.co.uk – La Drape sells high-end quilted bedspreads
- www.angelfire.com/alt/americanscrapmetal – American Scrap Metal, recycling
- www.speedofart.com – Speed of Art, art designers collective
- www.therapistfinder.com – Therapist Finder directory
Andy Geldman, author, has compiled 150 pages of slurls in his book Slurls: They Called Their Website What? Gelman said, “In a world without spaces we mentally insert out own. And you might not stick yours where I stick mine.”
Check out the hilarious slurls quiz on Facebook.